Friday, May 17, 2013

Porcelain Cartoon Faces




    Sometimes I draw what I want to make before I make it.  I have started working in porcelain so I used these drawings that I had made several months ago for my first foray into using this clay.  Below are the first three pinched and coil built cartoon face vessels.

    They are still quite damp, so that is why they are still dark in color and not the white that porcelain is known for. It was quite a different experience compared to the stoneware clays I am used to working with. It stayed floppy longer, and as it dried it got a crumbly surface that was not very pleasant until I wet it again. Definitely trickier to work with for me. On the positive side, it is very smooth - no grit. 









    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    please leave feedback. thanks!