Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Way to Raisin Studio

dianthus

hosta



I have been working in the studio with clay again. Right now the kiln is doing a glaze firing, so I can take some time to look around me.











Baptisia




To get back and forth to my studio I walk through part of my south garden, the one area that has significant sunshine instead of shade. From inside the studio I can look from my work table and get a view down this narrow stretch.












peony





My garden is in late spring blossom and leaf. The giant hosta's impressively proportioned, crenelated leaves have unfurled just recently. And all the perennials heed the calendar and bloom at their traditional times.






columbine




There is an ancient peony that was here before we came, making it, at the minimum 30 years old.  It always seems to rain shortly after they bloom, the blossoms fill with water, and they droop their heavy heads enough to crease their stems and get their petals muddy.








I don't always stop to look when I am charging in or out of the studio, at least not at every floral inhabitant of the garden. I rarely take time to sit on the bench I built in front of the honeysuckle trellis while I am in work mode. Yet, I have to say, the path that takes me these days to my work place is the most enjoyable commute I have ever had.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!