Monday, July 6, 2015

Fired and Ready







I'm calling it "GardenTower I." That means I have to make at least one more. It took a 25 pound bag of clay to build and I have 3 more bags, so...
































I painted a few coats of gray acrylic on copper wire antennae for a wasp, an ant, a grasshopper, and a praying mantis on the third level. The dragonfly head has no antennae because they don't have them, so that actually looks odd, but I was trying to be accurate, what else can I do?

Actually, these antennae need work, but temporarily, this is what you get.

























I used a small quantity of this lovely, smooth red majolica clay to make 18 tiny bowls and matching spoons. The biggest is only about 4 inches in diameter.

They are all made entirely by pinching and you can see that they have that "pinchy" look - not perfect.

Here are some of my favorites.

These have Scandinavian Blue and white underglaze.






One here is sgraffito and three are painted underglaze.




And these are white slip with black underglaze.














Here they are with their spoons:


The spoons are fun to make, just improvised squiggly forms with a bend to them.

I brought six of these over to the Savory Spice Shop to sell. They should make good salt or spice dishes, I think.

Now, my pinching fingers are pooped. I'll give them a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!