Friday, December 16, 2016

Rush to the Finish Line







Yes, it's coming on Christmas, this is the time to sell, and if you're lucky, people buy.









I have made more salt and pepper cellars for the Savory Spice Shop and had room to fire one of my new McMansion Bowls, a new endeavor.






I found some ways to make the S&P cellars more easily and better, though they look the same as the previous batch. They were popular and sold out, so now let's see if they'll move. There's only 9 days until Christmas.








The McMansion Bowl needs a more correct name that is not offensive to those who dwell in the housing developments in the former farmlands of New Jersey.






The bowl functions like a specimen tree in a landscape - a focal point in the setting, with uncluttered space around it. It is functional though, and could hold fruit or keys, pinecones, or anything else one might imagine.





Fun to make, I don't claim it is an original idea, but I like the look. It is a wonderful canvas for playing with glaze effects, and I think this combination is a good one. I am excited to make more.












I have sculptures and a drawing at the WOW Pop-UP Gallery which just opened for a one week stint. It's worth a shot to be "seen", even if no one buys. The point is, for many of us, to share the work and move it out so one can make more!

1 comment:

please leave feedback. thanks!