Tuesday, October 17, 2017

NO TIME NO TIME!


In Provincetown with my Pappa



September was mostly a travel month, but during that time I signed on to the Artisan's Marketplace craft show at the West Windsor Arts Council for November. Then I decided to commit to a December open studio weekend, ordering postcards, signs and a banner for my own personal show in the studio.


along the Cape Cod bike trail







I anxiously began to figure out how much  time I could devote to clay before the the craft show. How much time am I "on," when my medication is working, how much time do I have left after family, social, music practice, boxing?









wine tasting with my sister in Truro








There were potted plants to bring in for the winter, summer clothes to put away and on and on - the usual chores and duties we all have in life. How much time is left for the studio?







an Edgy Bowl




It turns out I am spending a lot of time there. Just before the change of the calendar page from September to October, I was in the studio again and working with the last of the brown clay, my favorite for Edgy pieces, then moving on to terracotta for square plates and trays.







bisqued terracotta

As mid October approaches, I have fired the terracotta and am making tumblers with white clay. At the same time, I have been delving into my store of Hazelnut clay, and with that lovely, smooth clay, I have made one plate a day and what I call a platter every few days.





tall "Tumbling Tumblers"


So rather than be silent in this blog and appearing to be doing nothing, au contraire! I'm in hyper mode, and enjoying it too when I'm not fretting about my deadlines.





a plate and a platter on hump molds

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!