Thursday, December 14, 2017

Objects of Our Lives Ceramics






A pop-up store, "Objects of Our Lives," run by two gracious Turkish entrepreneurs has brought a minimalist, artisan crafted esthetic to downtown Princeton.













Deniz and Guniz Engur hosted a holiday party in the space last night, and as I have met the couple and attended some "Creative-Teas" there, I was on their email list and was invited.









So, I dressed in my classic Japanese jacket and walked there, hoping to at last have a good look at all their wares and to socialize.










Creative people, collectors and Turkish expatriates were there, and a long table set with edible delicacies.












I conversed with an architect, a jeweler and the parent of one of my art students from years ago, while trying not to spill red wine on my jacket. I did anyway. Fortunately, it is a tie-dyed pattern with reds and browns - it will blend right in.











I also photographed some of the ceramics that are for sale there, but in that party setting did not document what I was photographing, so I will not credit the artists at the risk of an error.







Nevertheless, these are some of the pieces that I admired in the store. An invitation extended to me by the jeweler to a show of her work along with that of a ceramic artist's promises to provide more impressions or fodder to inspire next year's work in Raisin studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!