Friday, January 26, 2018

Sweetart Market










A frenzy of making cups and plates was followed by an equally frenzied glazing of the pieces I intend for the Valentine Pop-Up.















Why so frenzied when I have plenty of time?


I think, once I start a project, when I have a goal, I don't want to stop. I want to see the finished work. Will it be wonderful? I always hope so.














Some of the cups pictured are still being worked on. I plan to continue to layer on glazes to enrich the surfaces. The plates will stay as they are in their candy hues.




I made these pieces by stamping into the wet clay slabs before building. I used stamps of many kinds: alphabet stamps of different sizes and styles, Indian wood textile stamps, rubber stamps, and also plaster stamps and bisqued stamps that I made myself.






A fun project for the depths of winter. I'm enjoying the the pastel colors of the celadon glazes, and the warmth of the kiln. I'm so lucky to have this studio and the time to work there. It is truly my saving grace.








No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!