Friday, March 29, 2013

Three Different Styles

Here are a few more pots for plants.


 I made the wall hanging pot last year and hung it on the porch for the summer. It has white engobe brushed over the surface to better highlight the texture and patterns.


 The green pot is another coiled pot with pie crust rim. I'm happy with the glaze on this one.


The tall pot has no drainage hole. Basically a goblet shape, it is intended to give a plant space to cascade downward. I think this would work well in a grouping of potted plants or alone to showcase a special plant like this begonia. I am not particularly happy with the glaze. I took a chance in layering glazes without being sure of the result. That is of course a no-no, but I've done it many times, with mixed results. Fortunately at the same time that I fired these last pots I fired some test tiles and little pots with different glaze combos. Some really pretty results which I can hopefully reproduce on the next pots to be glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!