Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Bit of Color




February can be beautiful with its bare gray trees, and as it is now with a new snowfall, white on the ground, and more snow coming down visible in the glow of the streetlight. Yet at this time of year, it is pleasing to see the colors of another season.




I found a painting, unframed, on a low shelf at the front of the ArtJam gallery. I had seen it the day before in the Town Topics newspaper. It was pictured in black and white and headed an article about HomeFront's pop-up gallery. The painting was not very interesting to me, but when I saw the real painting I had a very different reaction.






The picture made me happy. The colors made all the difference. As I smiled at it,  I decided very quickly to buy it. I was an early bird at the event getting a first look around and I was not going to chance losing this sweet piece of art to someone else.



So I bought it.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to comment (on my own blog, why not, some of you readers might grace me with one someday when you think of something to say) about the use of names assembled from two different words as in HomeFront. Maybe I should use StudioRaisin. ElsClay. GreatArtist. I have my tongue in cheek, but it is a smart way to come up with a name.

    ReplyDelete

please leave feedback. thanks!