Monday, February 16, 2015

Art for a Good Cause

ArtJam is an art exhibit that HomeFront puts on approximately every year. It benefits ArtSpace, a program that gives homeless or otherwise troubled kids and adults both support and a place to make art. 50 % of all sales goes to ArtSpace and the other 50% to the artist.

So guess who is taking part with collages and ceramics? Yes, I am. I framed 3 of the recently made collages quickly today and dropped off a box of ceramics pieces at the pop-up gallery space in Palmer Square here in Princeton. They were first approved by Ruthann Traylor and her exhibition staff from photographs I sent to her.

Ms. Traylor was very welcoming to me, although the gallery was busy with people coming and going and interrupting the entry process. She also had compliments for my pieces, and that meant a lot to me.

Information about ArtJam:

https://www.facebook.com/events/876678275732368/


*  *  *

x-country skiing in the Adirondacks with my oldest son







The studio has cold clay, cold water and a chilly walk to get to it on these frigid days of February. But I have been working there sometimes, when I'm not skiing (actually just twice) or sitting close to the wood stove (a lot). I must share some exciting developments in the studio realm that are new for me - very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!