Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Serious Message







I have had great pleasure transforming my studio into a display space for my clay pieces this week, so I was dismayed by a letter from the Municipality today, two days before I was to have the Open Studio that read:








A BUSINESS IS BEING OPERATED AT [MY] ADDRESS IN EXCEPTION TO ORDINANCE REQUIREMENTS.







I must correct it before December 15, 2017, the letter reads.
Open Studio is Dec 2 and 3. What shall I do? I wrote back. Here is my letter:






Thank you for the communication from Mr. ----. I had no idea my activities were illegal. I have a small studio where I primarily spend time to occupy myself since I am on disability with Parkinson Disease. It gives me a purpose and I choose to do it also for the therapeutic value for my hands and for general wellness. If I can sell what I make I can pay for what materials I need. 


I will remove my signs if that is necessary but remain open for anyone to come see my work but not to sell it.I hope that will satisfy the zoning officer. Please advise what actions I can or cannot take to share what I make with the community. I certainly don't want or need to keep all the things I make.

Sincerely,

Elisa Hirvonen



Come get free stuff.









No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!