Saturday, April 6, 2013

Brushing Off Last Year's Flowers



In case I don't have enough flowers, or it's in between bursts of perennial bloom, I have my Bright Red and my Rose sculpture flowers. Named for their glaze colors, I wish they were more bright, but red is a difficult color to get right I've heard. The rose is kind of a depression era pink, not at all what I had in mind. But as I've said, I can't throw anything away. Each piece is a history of my clay follies.

They are Pop Art Size; so tall I had to fire them in two pieces in my kiln and epoxy them together. I brought them in for the winter thinking they might not fare well with the freezing and thawing we get here in central New Jersey. So with a little wipe down they are back out, I hope, encouraging the emerging spring buds and flowers in my garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!