Sunday, April 14, 2013

Haystack Mountain, Here I Come


I returned home from my trip to Long Island to find that my application was accepted to study clay this summer at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts! Jamie Walker, professor at University of Washington is teaching the two week session titled, "Developing a Personal Aesthetic Through Clay." I am very excited! I stayed awake late last night just thinking about it.

I checked out the school in Deer Isle a few summers ago when on vacation in Maine. It's way out on a point overlooking the rocky shore of the sea. A genuine artist's colony, the modern style buildings are striking in their design. There are separate studios for the different disciplines - metal, textiles, glass, etc. and they are open 24 hours a day. Isolated out there with only artists living together, working together, I think it will be an extraordinary chance to develop my clay knowledge and direction. And to enjoy the pine-scented sea air of Deer Isle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!