Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Woofy Kiln Firing

Spanky and Pete Treat Jar






The last was so disastrous, but these last two, the bisque and the glaze firings were OK. I don't know when the day will come that I will open the kiln and see perfection. There is always something for me to criticize,  and so it is with this batch. Fortunately there is something to be delighted with as well.









Famous Dogs Bowls and Plate







Each firing is a new volume or maybe just one entry in the encyclopedia of ceramic knowledge. I look, I read, I decide what I will have to change or be careful of the next time I make something out of clay.




These bowls were made in sets of three sizes so they will nest if one should wish. I used an inlay technique on the yellow rutile plate, and engraving for the drawings in the bowl.  I think the smallest bowl of Pete balancing a baseball on his nose is my favorite.




No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!