Thursday, November 6, 2014

Back to the Craft Show





A year ago I wrote a post about my day at the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show; actually 3 posts. I featured several ceramic artists that I particularly liked or found interesting. I had photographed pieces by each artist. I spelled their names carefully, described my reactions to the work and what I had learned from talking with the artists.

It was a newcomer 's view of a cultural phenomenon, and my aim was to write a diverting description of it.








Cate




This year it's not happening, at least in the same way. 
Today three women friends traveled with me by my invitation and we arrived, with some giddiness and much chatter, just as the Pennsylvania Convention Center opened its doors for the annual juried craft show.


Margaret




Deena (or a close facsimile)

I was looking forward to seeing lots of high level craftsmanship in clay, and sharing time with friends. Of photographs, none were taken. I plum forgot - or if truth be known, just didn't want to burden myself.



inside the Reading Terminal Market


All the intense looking, talking with clay artists, deciding what to buy, keeping in contact with my companions, and picking what to eat from the plethora of food sellers at the Reading Terminal Market - these were my concerns and my pleasures.

But, if you're wondering...







Which clay artists were also here last year? I counted four. Who of the new clay exhibitors did I like? Several. Whose work did I purchase? One. It was a female's.

I will elaborate, but first, I have to get photographs of the artists' work using an alternative method.
Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!