Monday, November 2, 2015

Full Speed for the Holidays

the last morning glory, blooming
on the compost heap


It's the time of year for getting work out there, to be seen, and to be sold, if the market is good and the work appeals. So I've been ensconced in the studio, with music for inspiration, and at all hours, production at full tilt.



porcelain salt cellar parts in production














I have used: 1. red majolica clay, and after that a thorough washing of all tools so I can use: 2. porcelain clay and: 3. warm buff stoneware clay. For each a different result.



red majolica salt cellars



The porcelain is for tiny salt cellars with spoons for the Spice Shop, and a new form I've created to hang dangly earrings to show at the Arts Council of Princeton's, "Sauce for the Goose" sale.
Also for the ACP, at organizer Marie Evans request, more bowls with dogs from tv and movies etched onto the bottom, i.e. Asta, Lassie, the Shaggy Dog, and often their fellow actors or owners: "The Thin Man" William Powell, "Timmy," etc. I have made 7 in three different sizes.




The towers have grown in number. I will have four in the "Art All Day" event in Trenton on November 14, plus other sculpture, and functional pieces. This is a big event, with trollies transporting art lovers to artist studios, and pop-up galleries throughout the city. Last year was very successful I heard, so I jumped in this year. I will be sharing a large space, the Modern Demand Dance Studio at 228 East State Street.
http://artworkstrenton.org/utm_source=Art+All+Day+is+fast+approaching&utm_campaign=Art+All+Day+2015&utm_medium=email















So time to fire up the kiln! Outcomes to be pictured in future posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!