Friday, September 26, 2014

360 View of Raisin Studio

The studio is tidy so I took the opportunity to record in images what it looks like today.


two tables pushed together are my work surface

finished ware




As you walk in the door, this is what you see.










L&L Kiln

empty shelves, full kiln








No  running water in the studio, so buckets supply our needs.












A stereo with CD, tape, iPod and radio keeps me company in the long hours I spend here.





I work facing the double doors so I can see out into the garden.








The total square footage is about 144 square feet. Lately I have shared the space with a student who I instruct in the basics of hand building. During the 3 hours she is here, I also work. However I usually do some finishing rather than full scale projects when we work together.


The kiln is loaded ready for the bisque firing.
My student has made the violin box and the leaf shaped dish. Good job, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave feedback. thanks!